6-In / 2-Out Rack-Mount Audio Interface
4 XLR Inputs with HDDA Mic Preamps
- Equipped with High-Quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) Microphone Preamplifiers
TASCAM spent months testing parts and circuitry to develop what are the now the highly-regarded HDDA mic-preamps.
The 4 XLR inputs are balanced microphone pre-amplifier circuits comprised of carefully selected components optimizing sound quality. The US-1200 is an optimally designed tool to clearly translate expressive performances to a DAW.
- 6 Analog inputs for Multi-Channel Recording
- The US-1200 is loaded with 4 XLR connectors supplying +48V phantom power and 2 TRS balanced inputs. The balanced low-noise connections are ideal for line connection equipment e.g. keyboards, drums, etc. In addition, INPUTs 5 & 6 also support high-impedance connection for instrument (guitar/bass) recording. The wealth of inputs makes the unit ideal for band recording.
- Low-Latency Monitoring for Stress-Free Recording
Utilize the DSP Mixer for Low-latency monitoring. Control the monitor balance easily with the MON MIX knob.
- Supports Hi-Res Recording Up To 24 bit/96 kHz
- With increasing HDD capacity and ever-faster PCs, high-resolution formats are being used more frequently. Record at 24Bit / 96kHz resolution and guarantee your music reaches it's highest potential.
- The DSP Mixer Has Two Operational Modes Designed for Music Creation and Podcasting
- The built-in DSP mixer can be used for various purposes simply by switching modes.
Multi-track mode facilitates music production. The input sound and monitor mix can be adjusted separately, fine-tuning the balance between recording and playback volumes optimally. Monaural monitoring is also a possibility within the mixer operation.
Stereo-mix mode is convenient for internet streaming, live broadcasts or video editing.
It is possible to deliver not only input sound but also sound from the PC back to the PC by mixing it inside the US-1200. Applications such as adding announcements while playing background music with the PC and then sending the accumulated track back to the PC.
- On-board DSP effects to improve higher level recording and sound input
- The DSP effects consist of reverb, a compressor and EQ to aid in monitoring your sound.
(The effects cannot be used when recording at 88.2/96 kHz resolutions.)
The input effects can be selected from compressor or 3-band EQ. Input effects can use various recording. For example, while recording vocals you can boost your high-frequency range with the 3-band EQ. Also, the compressor effect is very convenient at recording especially for bass guitar, vocal and drums.
Reverb is available for your send effects.
When recording, dry vocals can sound impassionate but by applying light reverb, sing gracefully and in the end, achieve a better result.
Features at a glance
- High-quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic pre-amps
- Four XLR inputs with +48V phantom power and two TRS ¼" balanced inputs
- INPUT 5/6 supports direct Hi-Z instrument inputs
- INPUT 5/6 supports +4 dBu line level
- 6-IN/2-OUT with audio stream support - USB 2.0 24-bit/96 kHz resolution
- Low-latency monitoring via the DSP mixer
- On-board DSP mixer with 2 operational modes
- On-board digital effects(DSP effects)(DSP effects can use on 44.1/48kHz operating)
- Two TRS analog balanced outputs
- 50mW + 50mW headphone output
- RoHS certified
- EIA 1U rack mount size
- The driver is not included in the form of a CD-ROM to keep up with the constant software upgrades.
- Please download the latest driver from the website.