A powerful multi-channel, multi-zone mixer housed in a compact 2U desgn, The TASCAM MZ-223 offers versatile multi-zone audio routing, mixing, and segregation of several audio sources simultaneously. Source content can include music, spoken word (microphone), phonograph, and more and are easily controlled via familiar sliders and assignment controls on the front panel. Designed for easy integration in virtually any system, the TASCAM MZ-223 is ideal for small format install applications such as moderate sized hotels, restaurants, meeting rooms, schools, or any situation that demands independently routed audio.
The MZ-223 allows multiple audio sources to be mixed, segregated, and routed to three (3) independent zones or destinations using familiar volume sliders and assignment buttons. Input signals can be inserted via five (5) audio channels, each consisting of two (2) sets of unbalanced RCA-type stereo pairs. A total of ten (10) sets of RCA-type inputs are provided. Channels one and two can be set to accommodate phono-level signals for use with a turntable. In addition located conveniently on the front panel, two mic-compatible XLR inputs are available.
Multiple Zone Outputs
The independent three-zone outputs each have a combination of balanced professional XLR or RCA unbalanced configurations for long runs or connection to common residential power amplifiers or speakers. This flexibility, for example, allows music to be routed to zone one, ambient noise or natural sounds to zone two, a separate music track or a voice announcement can be routed to zone three, while the convenient “talkover” function will automatically lower any mixed channel source so the microphone can be heard while speaking.
Easy, Immediate Control
Familiar volume sliders, routing switches/buttons, EQ knobs, and mute buttons for the microphones make the MZ-223 simple and fast to operate and set up. There is even a master recording stereo output, which can send audio to an external recorder which makes event capturing easy. The TASCAM MZ-223 delivers simple operation and maximum audio routing flexibility, all in a compact, affordable package.
- Easy operation and routing via familiar volume sliders, toggle switches/buttons, and knobs
- Three independent Zone outputs with stereo XLR balanced and unbalanced RCA-type connectors per channel
- Five separate input channels, each with two sets of stereo RCA-type inputs
- Two additional mic-compatible XLR inputs on the front panel
- All audio can be mixed or segregated per channel, and routed to the three separate Zones/outputs
- “Talkover” function automatically lowers other source content while microphones are in use
- Independent three-band EQ per output channel and per microphone input
- Compact 2U rack mount design