Twenty-Five Moving Faders, Encoders, Meters and a Surround Joystick for under $2,000
Anaheim, CA (January 15, 2004): TASCAM is freeing DAW-based studios from mixing with the mouse with the US-2400, a new 25-fader DAW controller for under $2,000*. The US-2400 features 25 touch-sensitive 100mm moving faders for full mix control without patching together multiple expanders. Each of the 24 channels has an assignable encoder with an LED ring that shows the current value or doubles as a signal meter. A full transport section is also included for DAW control, as well as a joystick for surround panning.
"TASCAM is the only company to provide a range of recording gear for every level of music production, from our cassette PortaStudios™ to feature film dubbers," enthuses Jim Bailey, Product Manager for TASCAM. "The US-2400 is our latest solution for computer-based music production. It gives musicians a familiar interface for interacting with their digital audio workstations and its driverless installation keeps things simple so that they can concentrate on being creative. The US-2400 is the only universal fader controller to offer 24 faders for easy access to all of your channels, and the first with a joystick controller for mixing in 5.1 surround "
The TASCAM US-2400, co-developed with SaneWave, provides a professional mixing console feel to DAW recording software. A few of the new features include:
- Twenty-four touch-sensitive 100mm moving faders
- Touch-sensitive motorized master fader
- Twenty-four encoders assignable to pan, aux, or channel strip, which provides EQ, Aux and Pan control
- Bank switching provides access to 192 channels
- Select, Solo and Mute buttons per channel
- Transport section with smooth Jog/Shuttle wheel
- Joystick controller for surround panning
- High-speed USB connection to computer
- "Driverless" operation ready to function without installing driver software