FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TASCAM ANNOUNCES HS-P82
V1.20 Firmware Update
MONTEBELLO, CA (Oct. 5th, 2012) – TASCAM is the Pro Audio Division of TEAC America.
The TASCAM HS-P82 has worked its way to becoming one of the most trusted and versatile location recorders in the market. A lot of its success has to do with TASCAM’s tireless efforts to make improvements that meet the demands of the location recording community. TASCAM has been discussing opportunities and possibilities with established veterans in the field and from that has come the new time saving V1.20 firmware update.
With the V1.20 update there are several new key features added. The most important being that one is now able to rename files and update their iXML metadata straight from the device. This feature saves a lot of time and adds enormous convenience when script changes happen on set or for other production requirements. Trim knobs now control LINE input level and checking MIC/LINE Trim levels is now available from multiple screens simply with a quick press of the Data Dial. The HS-P82 now has automatic START/PAUSE Recording in response to external timecode, and several external keyboard function key assignments and other shortcuts using keyboard keys have been added for streamlined production. Please be sure to read the V1.20 Manual Addendum for complete information on the firmware upgrade available at http://tascam.com/product/hs-p82/
TASCAM’s V1.20 upgrade to the HS-P82 solidifies even further, TASCAM’s dedication to maintaining quality, versatility and innovation in their products.
Key HS-P82 & V1.20 Firmware Update Features Include:
- On-device file renaming capabilities with iXML metadata
- Automatic START/PAUSE Recording Option synchronous with external time code.
- Wide array of keyboard shortcuts and key assignments
- Dual Compact Flash recording media supports Real time Mirroring and offline backup.
- 8 high-quality microphone preamps and A/D converters with independent +48V phantom power for each on standard XLR connectors.
- 8 AES/EBU inputs and outputs (DB-25 connector)
- 8-track recording up to 96kHz/24-bit and 4-track recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Sampling rate converter on each AES/EBU input
- 2 balanced analog outputs (XLR connector)
- Stereo digital output (BNC connector)
- SMPTE Timecode in/out (BNC connector)
- Video/World Clock (BNC connector)
- Headphone out (1/4” stereo jack)
- PS/2 keyboard input for remote control and name editing
- USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer to PC
- Rugged yet lightweight all-aluminum chassis
- Easy to use pivoting TFT color touch panel interface.
TASCAM is the pro-audio and home recording division of TEAC Corporation. TASCAM will continue to be instrumental in revolutionizing professional and home recording by offering the highest quality products at the best value to their customers.Tweet