News :: What's New
Update to Best-Selling Portable Recorder
Montebello, CA – (March 15, 2011): TASCAM has updated 2010’s best-selling portable recorder to the DR-07mkII, a new handheld recorder with adjustable microphones and high-resolution audio quality that’s simple to use.
The stereo recorder features a pair of adjustable condenser microphones. The built-in mics can be moved from an XY position, for tight imaging, to an AB position, for a wider ambient sound.
The sound of the DR-07mkII reflects over 30 years of TASCAM’s recording experience. A dedicated power supply for the codec enables the full capabilities of the A/D and D/A converter, and separate analog & digital circuit boards and low impedance circuit design reduce noise in the design. The DR-05 records to microSD or microSDHC media, recording in MP3 or WAV (BWF) file format at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
Sharing some features with the new DR-05, the DR-07mkII makes recording simple enough for any musician. The Peak reduction function sets the optimum recording level even in recording to avoid the over level. Quick Menu selects commonly used parameters in playback or record like auto level setting or limiting, while deeper settings are available through a full-featured setup menu. The 1/8” mic/line input can supply power for microphones. A Level Align function prevents uneven volume levels during playback through the 1/8” headphone output or built-in speaker. Variable-Speed Audition – which changes playback speed without affecting pitch – and looping are also available during playback for transcription or learning new music. 17.5 hours of longer battery life at 44.1kHz/16-bit, WAV (BWF) is long enough for any recording situation.
Some DR-07mkII features that aren’t found on the DR-05 include Overdub mode, which records over your previous take but keeps a copy of the original. The portable recorder also includes Auto Record and Auto Mark settings for hands-off operation. A reverb effect is also available to give your recordings a mastered polish.
For recording live music, band rehearsals, classes or simply sharing your music with the world, TASCAM’s DR-07mkII is an unbeatable value.
- Handheld Portable Recorder
- Adjustable Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones (XY or AB)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Reverb effect
- Overdub recording mode
- Auto Record and Auto Mark functions
- Peak Reduction function to set the optimum recording level automatically even in recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8” stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- 1/8” headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64MB – 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB – 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole
- Dimensions: 2.2” W x 5.5” H x 1” D (55mm x 141mm x 26mm)
- Weight: 4.4 oz (125g)