Montebello, CA (January 5, 2004): TASCAM has announced Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" compatibility for all of their USB and FireWire Computer Recording Products. The new Panther-ready driver for the FW-1884, TASCAM's FireWire Control Surface and Audio/MIDI Interface, adds a host of new features to the recording interface like improved audio latency, flexible routing options, and SoftLCD Computer Display. The US-122, US-224 and US-428 have had Panther-compatible drivers since the day OS X 10.3 was released.
"TASCAM is committed not only to supporting new OS versions as they are released, but to take advantage of new features with each new OS release," says Jim Bailey, Senior Product Specialist for TASCAM. "The new FW-1884 driver adds a list of new features based on customer demand, as well as improved performance and support for the new FE-8 Fader Expander. With this new driver, TASCAM has the widest selection of Panther-compatible computer interfaces and control surfaces of any audio manufacturer."
In addition to Panther support, FW-1884 driver version 1.10 adds the following features:
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.3
- SoftLCD Application displays a "virtual scribble strip" on the screen, displaying the names of the channels controlled by the FW-1884 and attached FE-8s in a translucent bar on the computer's monitor.
- Direct Routing from the eight Analog inputs to the eight ADAT outputs
- Expanded Surround control allows the Monitor Level knob to attenuate analog outputs 1 and 2, 1-4, 1-6 or 1-8.
- Three aux sends on all channels except the effects return
- Audio latency performance has improved on both the Mac and Windows drivers
- The FE-8 eight-channel fader expander is now supported