Wide-format Tuners Provide Big Display, On-stage or Off
Montebello, CA – (October 1, 2010): TASCAM's TG-7 and TC-8 tuners combine fast pitch detection and a 5" wide backlit LCD display to help musicians dial into perfect pitch. The TG-7, designed for guitar and bass players, has a 1/4" in and thru and fits perfectly on pedalboards and amplifiers. The TC-8 is tailored for band and orchestra players with alternate tuning scales for period instruments. Both tuners have a built-in microphone and powerful metronome with internal speaker.
The tuner in the TG-7 and TC-8 uses high speed processing to calculate the pitch. Four tuner modes allow up to 1.25-cent steps on the display for maximum accuracy, and the tuner can be calibrated to an installed piano. They have desktop feet with a clip to attach to a music stand, and a tripod mount is also built-in. The metronome on the TG-7 and TC-8 can be set to various beat accents, and tap tempo allows the musician to find the tempo marking for any song.
The TASCAM TG-7 and TC-8 will be available from select TASCAM retailers in December 2010.
- Chromatic tuner
- Metronome with 30-300 BPM range and seven accent values
- 5" Wide backlit LCD display with note value and bargraph displaying pitch deviation
- Four display modes: Bargraph, Fine, Strobe Animation and Needle
- Oscillator for playing pitch
- Built-in speaker for pitch and metronome
- Built-in microphone for acoustic instruments
- Tuner Calibration mode
- Flip-out stand for tabletop use with hooks for music stand mounting
- Tripod mount
- Tuning modes: Guitar, Bass, Chromatic, Drop-D, Drop-G, Open-D, Open-G and five user-definable scales
- 1/4" in and thru jacks
- Tuning modes: Equal Temperament, Pythagorean, Mean tone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Vallotti, Young
- 1/4" in jack
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and Latin America. For additional information, contact:
TASCAM • 7733 Telegraph Road • Montebello, CA 90640 USA
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com