Montebello , CA (October 28, 2004): Twenty-five years after the introduction of the first Portastudio®, the new DP-01 and DP-01FX 8-track Digital Portastudios make hard disk recording affordable and simple enough for all musicians. Continuing TASCAM's "Capture Your Art" campaign of making recording approachable to all musicians, the DP-01 and DP-01 FX feature the one-knob-per-function design that has made TASCAM cassette Portastudios the choice of thousands of musicians. Both workstations shatter the confusing page-shift-menu interface popular with most other digital recorders. And at a price that starts under $400, multitrack recording to hard disk has never been more affordable.
"Cassette Portastudios continue to be among our most popular products," says Jim Mack, Division Manager of TASCAM. "While much of the reason is their low price, musicians also appreciate how easy they are to use. We approached the DP-01 by trying to make it as uncomplicated to use as our other Portastudios, and I think we've succeeded. When you combine that simple interface with its low cost, I believe that the DP-01 is a breakthrough product for musicians who are ready to break into recording."
The DP-01 has two mic inputs on 1/4" TRS jacks for dual mono or stereo recording. Its eight tracks record at uncompressed CD quality to an internal 40GB hard drive, and a stereo master track is available for recording a mix. Each channel of the DP-01 has a 45mm volume fader, plus dedicated controls for pan, effects send, high EQ and low EQ. An LCD display shows meters, editing settings and locate points. The DP-01 has a USB 2.0 jack for file backup and transferring mixes to a computer. There are analog RCA line outputs, a headphone out and S/PDIF line output.
The DP-01FX adds XLR microphone inputs with phantom power for connecting professional condenser microphones. It has a multieffects processor for adding effects to an instrument during recording and a reverb processor for adding effects during a mix.
- 8-track recording at CD quality 44.1kHz/16-bit
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- Dedicated stereo mixdown track
- Dedicated controls on each channel for volume, pan, effect send, EQ high and EQ low
- Eight 45mm Faders plus a dedicated Master fader
- Two-band semi-parametric EQ per track
- Two 1/4" TRS mic/line inputs
- Two phantom powered XLR microphone inputs (DP-01FX only)
- Guitar level input
- Built-in reverb processor (DP-01FX only)
- Built-in multieffects processor (DP-01FX only)
- Effects send and stereo return
- RCA line outputs
- S/PDIF Digital Optical output
- Headphone output with level control
- MIDI Timecode and MIDI Clock Output
- USB 2.0 port for computer backup
- Track editing: copy, paste, move, erase, silence
- Built-in 40GB hard drive
The DP-01 and DP-01FX are the latest editions to TASCAM's "Capture Your Art" line of products. These products are designed with a low price and simple user interface to help musicians who are just getting their start with recording. An accompanying "How to Capture Your Art" guide introduces multitrack recording to beginners, and store displays put products near guitars and instruments where musicians are most comfortable.
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Australia, Japan, Mexico and Latin America . For additional information, contact:
TASCAM • 7733 Telegraph Road • Montebello, CA 90640Tweet
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com