Montebello , CA (October 7, 2004 ): The new FW-1082 Audio/MIDI Interface and Control Surface from TASCAM not only provides tons of audio and MIDI I/O to small studios, but offers a control surface with moving-faders for a previously unheard-of price. The FW-1082 features 10 inputs, including four balanced XLR mic inputs with phantom power. Two MIDI inputs and outputs are also included, plus S/PDIF digital I/O. Eight chann?el strips each feature a 60mm touch-sensitive moving fader and select/solo/mute buttons, and a moving master fader is also provided. The FW-1082 includes the latest TASCAM software bundle: Cubasis LE 96kHz/48-track recording software, GigaStudio 3 LE streaming sampler and Nomad Factory plug-in demos.
"The FW-1082 offers many of the same powerful audio, MIDI and control surface features of our FW-1884 interface for well under $1,000," raves Jim Mack, Division Manager for TASCAM. "But it's not a 'budget' interface by any measure. The FW-1082 has 10 inputs at 96kHz, and the included Cubase LE software records 48 tracks at up to 96k/ 24-bit resolution, better than many 'pro' applications. Its nine moving faders feel great, and the encoders and transport controls all feel solid and professional. It's an incredible value for anyone breaking into home recording."
The FW-1082 is a great choice for small studios, whether someone is just starting out or if they're upgrading their equipment. Its four microphone inputs, two with analog insert jacks, have phantom power for professional condenser microphones. Four additional line inputs and a S/PDIF stereo input add up to 10 inputs simultaneously, each at 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution. Two MIDI inputs and outputs are provided for 32 channels of MIDI synth playback or control. The control surface has nine 60mm touch-sensitive moving faders for silky-smooth control over channel level, pan or aux settings. Four encoders are also available for mix control, as well as transport and jog/shuttle controls. Stereo monitoring is included, and the FW-1082 even mixes signals internally for stand-alone use.
- 10-in/4-out audio interface at 96kHz/24-bit
- Nine 60mm touch-sensitive moving faders
- Four balanced XLR / 1/4" TRS mic/line inputs with phantom power
- Four balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs
- 1/4" TRS insert jacks for channels 1 & 2
- S/PDIF stereo digital input and output
- Balanced 1/4" TRS monitor outputs
- Headphone output with level control
- Two MIDI inputs and outputs
- Assignable Footswitch jack
- Eight channel strips with solo, mute, select, record arm indicator
- Four assignable encoders control pan, aux level and EQ parameters
- Transport controls, jog/shuttle wheel, and many other surface controls
- Emulates Mackie HUI and Mackie Control in addition to the included native mode control plug ins
- Includes GigaStudio 3 LE
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE 48-track 96kHz workstation software
Also recently introduced, the TASCAM FW-1804 is an 18-channel rackmountable FireWire Audio/MIDI interface. It adds ADAT digital I/O and two more MIDI outputs for users who don't need control surface control over their tracks.
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Australia, Japan, Mexico and Latin America . For additional information, contact:
TASCAM • 7733 Telegraph Road • Montebello, CA 90640Tweet
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com