New USB 2.0 Interface Breaks $100 Price Barrier
Montebello, CA (September 1, 2009): TASCAM has announced the US-100, a new USB 2.0 Audio Interface positioned at a breakthrough price. The high-quality interface features a microphone input as well as instrument level input for direct recording guitar or bass. Stereo line inputs are provided, and can be switched to phono-level to connect a favorite turntable to digitize a vinyl collection. All of this is housed in a solid aluminum chassis to withstand any abuse from the road to the dorm room.
The US-100 is a 48k/16-bit stereo audio interface that connects to a Mac or Windows computer using USB 2.0. A free copy of Audacity® software is included to start recording right away. Additional features like a 1/8" stereo headphone output and zero-latency monitoring make the US-100 perfect for songwriters and musicians getting started with recording.
TASCAM's US-100 will be available from TASCAM retailers in September at a street price under $100.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- XLR or 1/4" microphone input
- 1/4" guitar-level direct input
- RCA line inputs, switchable to RIAA photo inputs with ground lug
- 1/8" stereo headphone output
- 48kHz/16-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Audacity recording software included
- Solid aluminum case construction
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and Latin America. For additional information, contact:
TASCAM • 7733 Telegraph Road • Montebello, CA 90640 USA
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com