News :: What's New
Internal SSD Drive and Pro I/O Options Make It The Ideal Live Recorder
TASCAM’s DA-6400 is an all-new 64-track recorder that records to an internal SSD drive caddy for live and event recording. Professional I/O options like MADI and DANTE make it ideal for live recording, event capture, or as a backup for critical DAW sessions. Available with a single or dual/redundant power supply, the DA-6400 is an unbeatable option for professional remote recording.
Included with the DA-6400 is an AK-CC25 hot-swappable caddy containing a high-performance 240GB TASCAM solid-state drive. The caddy includes a USB 3 jack for stand-alone use – simply hand the drive to the client to offload the BWAV files into their DAW session. The DA-6400 records 64 tracks at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit. Included on the rear panel are SMPTE timecode, word clock, RS-422, parallel and Ethernet connections.
I/O options for the DA-6400 include the IF-MA64/EX interface card, with both coaxial and optical MADI connections. This card includes a redundant coaxial connection so that MADI is passed through even if power is lost, making it an ideal backup recorder for DAW sessions. Other I/O options include the lower-cost IF-MA64/BN coaxial MADI card, IF-DA64 Dante card, and IF-AE16 AES/EBU card, with more to come.
No dedicated recorder combines the high performance, flexible operation, and complete reliability of TASCAM’s DA-6400 solid-state 64-track recorder. Visit the product page to learn more.
- 64-track recording to internal solid-state drive as 48kHz/24-bit BWAV files
- 32-track recording at 96kHz/24-bit
- Two option card slots support MADI, Dante, and AES/EBU connections, with more to come
- Hot-swappable AK-CC25 drive caddy houses an SSD drive, and includes USB 3 for simple file transfer
- TASCAM 240GB SSD drive included
- RS-422 serial control and parallel control
- Internal TCXO sample clock with 1ppm accuracy
- SMPTE timecode in and out on BNC connectors
- Gigbit Ethernet for file transfer, remote control, and SNTP internal clock set
- Video and word clock in/thru/out
- Highly visible 320x120 pixel LCD display
- iPad and computer applications for remote control
- One rackspace size for easy installation
- DA-6400DP also available with dual/redundant power supplies
TASCAM SSD features:
- 240GB 2.5-inch serial ATA SSD
- Uses specialized control IC for reliable operation during long recordings
- Over 7 hours of recording time at 48kHz/24-bits
- Holds 2.5-inch serial ATA SSD drive
- USB 3.0 port for high-speed data transfer
- LED status indicator