News :: What's New
New 2-way Monitors Redefine Entry-Class Monitor Market
TASCAM is set to conquer the entry-class studio monitor market with the VL-S5 system. The two-way monitors employ a 5” curved Kevlar cone with a high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. A 1” silk dome tweeter produces crisp highs without the fatigue of metal components.
The active, bi-amplified power section produces 70W per side – 30W to the highs and 40W for the low end. The monitor has balanced and unbalanced XLR and 1/4” inputs with a trim control. A large rear port extends the low end frequency response from 60Hz to 22kHz. The modern industrial design is sure to be the focus of any project studio.
At only $149 each, VL-S5 monitors are an unbeatable value for any studio.
- 2-way Studio Reference Monitor
- 5” curved Kevlar cone with a high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1” natural silk dome tweeter
- Magnetically shielded
- Bi-amplified 40W + 30W power amp section
- 60Hz – 22kHz frequency response
- Protection circuits include: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external main fuse
- Switchable 120V/240V power
Read more at the VL-S5 web page.Tweet