News :: What's New
CG-1000, CG-1800, CG-2000 Bring Higher Precision to Digital Facilities
Montebello, CA (July 15, 2014): TASCAM has introduced three master clock generators for studio and broadcast applications. Each of the CG-series clock generators has a high-quality OCXO. This oven-controlled crystal oscillator has 0.01PPM accuracy – the highest precision in its class. Jitter Management and Glitch-free Relocking circuits make TASCAM’s CG-series generators ensure highly-accurate clock outputs. For applications demanding even more accuracy, a 10MHz input accepts signal from Rubidium-based generators.
The CG-1000 is a clock generator designed for recording studios, engineers and musicians. It has twelve word clock outputs, two AES/EBU, and two S/PDIF outputs. Two of the clock outputs can output multiples of 1/2Fs, 1/4Fs, 2xFs, 4xFs, and 256x the selected sampling rate. Four front-panel preset buttons recall often-used frequencies and other settings, and settings can be saved to a USB drive. A menu screen is provided for additional settings, and the front panel can be locked to prevent accidental changes.
TASCAM’s CG-1800 is designed for post-production facilities. This clock generator adds video clock capability to the CG-1000 feature set. Four video clock outputs and a video clock input ensure tight synchronization with video devices. The video clock is compatible with tri-level sync for high-definition video. An additional Analyzer function is also available to measure input frequencies, levels, and termination to assist troubleshooting in large facilities.
The CG-2000 adds redundant power sources and clock sources for broadcast applications, insuring transmissions against dropouts or dead air. A GPO (General Purpose Output) is also provided for tally alarms and monitoring system status.
With best-in-class clock precision, glitchless relocking, and broadcast-specific options, every facility needs an upgrade to the TASCAM CG-series.
- High-precision OCXO (Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator) with 0.01PPM accuracy
- Jitter management circuit for stable clock output
- Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
- 10MHz input for use with Rubidium or GPS clock generators
- Twelve word clock outputs, two of which support 1/2Fs, 1/4Fs, 2xFs, 4xFs, and 256xFs the selected rate
- Two AES/EBU and two S/PDIF outputs
- Word clock and AES/EBU clock inputs
- Four system presets, saved internally with USB drive backup
- Sampling Frequencies from 32kHz to 192kHz supported
- Panel lock switch to prevent accidental changes
- 1u rack mount size
- Four video clock outputs
- Video clock input
- Tri-level sync support for high-definition video
- Additional Analyzer functions for troubleshooting
- Dual power supplies for redundancy
- Dual clock input
- GPO for tally alarms and status monitoring
Visit the CG-series web pages for more information.Tweet