News :: What's New
Successors to TASCAM’s Best-Selling CD Recorders
Montebello, CA (April 25, 2014): TASCAM has updated its popular CD recorders to the CD-RW900mkII and CD-RW901mkII. The new models build on the installer-standards with features that increase their reliability and functionality.
A new tray-loading CD transport has been added, designed in-house by TEAC. The CD-W5600S is purposefully designed for use in audio recorders – unlike computer drives, its firmware allows it to record without gaps between track markers.
Additionally, the “Time-Track Increment” feature has been added to the CD-RW900mkII, allowing it to create a new track marker after a preset amount of time has passed.
Other popular features are retained from the previous versions, including:
- 24-bit A/D and D/A converters
- Key Control (Change the key w/o changing the pitch)
- Pitch control
- S/PDIF coaxial & optical digital I/O
- RCA unbalanced analog I/O
- XLR balanced I/O with dedicated input control (CD-RW901MKII)
- AES/EBU & S/PDIF digital I/O (CD-RW901MKII)
- RS-232C serial control and parallel control (CD-RW901MKII)
- +/- 16% playback pitch control
- Continuous recording between (2) CD-RW901MKII
- PS/2 keyboard input for CD-TEXT input and remote control