Eight-Track Digital Recording with a Musician-Friendly Interface and Built-in CD Recorder
Summer NAMM 2005 Booth 1017 • Indianapolis, IN (July 22, 2005): From the folks that brought you the first "Portastudio" over 25 years ago, comes another portable studio revolution: the DP-01FX/CD Digital Portastudio with built-in CD burner for under $700*!
Based on the best-selling DP-01 and DP-01FX, the new DP-01FX/CD makes CD recording simple. Like the DP-01FX, it features eight tracks, two XLR inputs with phantom power, a pair of digital effects processors and a simple-to-use interface. The DP-01FX/CD adds a CD-RW drive for backing up projects and burning a CD of your final mix to share with friends, band members and record companies.
"The DP-01FX is the latest in a long line of Portastudios - a category literally invented by TASCAM," says Rick McClendon, TASCAM Division Manager. "TASCAM continues to revolutionize the home recording market with this new offering. Over the past 25 years, the Portastudio has been so successful because it's easy for musicians to use, and these three new digital Portastudios make digital recording as easy as using one of our cassette Portastudios. With the DP-01FX/CD, we add the ability to burn a CD - the final step in finishing a music project for home or professional use."
The DP-01FX/CD has two mic/line inputs on balanced 1/4" TRS or XLR jacks for dual mono or stereo recording. Its eight tracks record at uncompressed CD quality to an internal 40GB hard drive, and a stereo master track is available for recording a mix. Each channel of the DP-01FX/CD has a 45mm volume fader, plus dedicated controls for pan, effects send, high EQ and low EQ. A pair of multieffects processors onboard for adding effects to an instrument during recording, and a reverb processor for adding effects during a mix. An LCD display shows meters, editing settings and locate points. It has a USB 2.0 jack for transferring files to a computer for editing, and a CD-RW drive for file backup and audio CD mastering. There are analog RCA line outputs, a headphone out and S/PDIF line output.
- 8-track recording at CD quality 44.1kHz/16-bit
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- Dedicated stereo mixdown track
- Dedicated controls on each channel for volume, pan, effect send, EQ high and EQ low
- Eight 45mm Faders plus a dedicated Master fader
- Two-band semi-parametric EQ per track
- Two 1/4" TRS mic/line inputs
- Two phantom powered XLR microphone inputs
- Guitar level input
- Built-in reverb processor
- Built-in multieffects processor
- Effects send and stereo return
- RCA line outputs
- S/PDIF Digital Optical output
- Headphone output with level control
- MIDI Timecode and MIDI Clock Output
- USB 2.0 port for computer backup
- Track editing: copy, paste, move, erase, silence
- Built-in 40GB hard drive
- CD-RW drive for file backup and audio CD mastering
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Australia, Japan, Mexico and Latin America . For additional information, contact:
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com